Monday, February 13, 2012

CHIPSTER DETAILS 13.02.12

Happy Valentine's Day! I will be spending the day working on an assignment for Summer School and most likely eating copious amounts of chocolate. There are profiteroles in my fridge and profiteroles are kind of amazing.

photo 1 photo 4

I go through phases of feeling artistic, I drew this fox with the aim of turning it into a Valentine's Day card with the caption "You're Foxy". Dangerfield had a sale the other day so I bought these cross stockings. A man on the train asked me if I was a Christian, because of the stockings and I replied "do you really think that I would wear my religious symbol on my hosiery?" He was drunk, though, so that just confused him.

photo 5 photo

My cousin and I went to the MCA to catch the end of the Rafael Lozano-Hemmer exhibition, which was actually the funniest art ever. 33 Questions per Minute is an art piece that generates random questions, and some of the results were hilarious and also weirdly thought-provoking (despite the slightly confusing syntax).

photo 2 photo 3

Visited a new waffle house in Balmain called Wafflicious. I'd never had waffles before, so I ordered the most delicious-sounding item on the menu (the chocolate monstrosity on the right) and it was so sickly sweet and goooood.

Oh, and the pretty, pretty Jane from the blog Deluminators has 'tagged' me or something, I don't quite understand, but the result is that I get to post 7 facts about myself. Because really, I don't nearly talk about myself enough on this blog.

1. I'm currently in my fifth year of a Commerce/Arts degree, with majors in Marketing, International Business and Sociology. Good news, these are three areas which have some of the highest graduate unemployment rates!

2. I am a feminist and I think that all intelligent women should consider themselves feminists unless they have an amazingly thought-provoking reason for not doing so (like, they don't want to align themselves with a movement that has been predominantly represented by white, middle-class women, for instance).

3. I'm Australian, but I get really caught up in American news. So much so that I forget who the premier of NSW is, but I can name all the US Republican party candidates. I am puzzled when people here don't know who Casey Anthony is.

4. I love Jane Austen and period romances (but NOT Wuthering Heights). My favourites are Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice - if Captain Wenthworth and Elizabeth Bennett could get together I think I would die of happiness.

5. When I was in high school, I decided I wanted to write the next YA book sensation in the vein of the Babysitter's Club or Sweet Valley High series'. I wrote about 20 first chapters and none of them got further than 10 pages.

6. I want to be skinny for fashion, but I love food way too much. Sometimes I plan my day around what I am going to eat. Tonight I'm going to have a veggie pie from Pie Face (the most delicious pie in the world!) and tomorrow morning I'm thinking eggs and baked beans on toast.

7. I am supposed to be doing two essays right now, but I am procrastinating.

I don't know what Jane was talking about, that was easy.

11 comments:

  1. The cross stockings are so cool <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. adoring these cross stockings! fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your pictures! escpecially the first two photos! <3
    great blog, madame! i'll come and visit soon again!

    xx mika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, you're hilarious. And that 33 questions a minute piece looks brilliant. And those waffles look pretty damn tasty.

    Your 7 facts are nice, I can especially agree with the 6th. (and probably the 4th)(and maybe the 7th too).

    Aww, you've got such a nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! what an enjoyable blog! I won't lie, I read A LOT of your posts.. maybe all of them. I know I sound creepy but oh well. it seemed like you have a lovely life. you threw a very very preetty christmas party and I am glad to have stopped by!
    xo, anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I like your response to the man who asked you about the stockings. I love Dangerfield but I can only ever justify buying things from their sales! I totally plan my day around food as well - it's usually the highlight of my day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. those waffles look amazing! also lol at the drunk guy not understanding about your tights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I ever tell you how much I enjoy reading your writing? You make me lolz on the regular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! In high school I was voted best sense of humour and when I went to collect my award, someone shouted out that I wasn't funny - WELL I'VE SHOWN THEM HAVEN'T I?!

      Delete